[lugm.org] Riot. Break through.

J'informatique jinformatique at riseup.net
Fri Oct 14 11:11:41 UTC 2016

Hello guys,

Telegram is covering the news because terrorist are using it. The only
encryption that is safe is end-to-end encryption with secret chat. Group
chat and normal chat are stored encrypted on Telegram servers but
Telegram as the keys. And the source code of Telegram running on the
server is closed source.

Therefore I recommend you to check out Riot. An open source app,
decentralized, using end-to-end encryption that anyone can self host and
keep control.
You don't need a phone number or an email address to login. Just a
nickname and a password!

It could replace Skype as it supports audio/video chat. I did not try
this features yet.

https://riot.im/

Here is an interview with the creator of Riot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCfI-xdvlE

Have a nice day,
Jean