[lugm.org] Resignation

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:24:14 UTC 2016

Hi Girish,

It's a fairly long answer :

I was asked to go away and later Ronny Reddi threatened me. The
environment has become hostile if you had diverging views and your own
opinions. This is ironic, given that Linux represents Freedom :) The
tensions were running high since January, and if you look at the
mailing list archive, you will see that I am not the only person who
resigned.

The Linux community in Mauritius has been split in 2 since a while
now.  In any case, we got enough people who sided with me, and we
built a new group: hackers.mu.

We built an active group of people who not only promote Linux, but
also contribute to it: we were present in UoM to encourage students to
use and contribute to Linux. We did the same during the developer's
conference, and to every conference that the MRC organized this year.
The feedback has been extremely positive.

Hackers.mu has code in Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSuse, Fedora, Linux kernel,
TOR, net-snmp, MariaDB, and the list keeps growing :)

In Summary, I'm having more fun in hackers.mu, and our group is
attracting like-minded people within the pool of local Linux folks.