[lugm.org] Compliance with the Government Online Centre standards

Mohammad Nadim nadim.attari at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:13:16 UTC 2016

Hello Avinash,

I am contacting you are the Chairman of ICT Advisory Committee. I am CC'ing
Ish Sookun and Loganaden Velvindron, as they are members of ICT Advisory
Committe too.

Last year I collaborated with Data Protection Office to develop a "Privacy
Compliance Assessment Webapp." There was a post published on LUGM website
on 26-Sept-2015 [1]. The source code for the webapp is licensed under
GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2.

I had several meetings with DPO, which provided some of contents for the
WebApp. It took 4 months to develop the webapp. Once the wabapp was ready,
the DPO vetted it and I was given the go-ahead to host the webapp. There
was a link of the webaap on DPO's website [2]. There was also a
presentation during the first day on DevConMRU 2015 [3], which was held on
23 April 2015.

I have now received a mail from Bhantoo Vivekanand, Senior Data Protection
Officer at DPO, informing us that the link on DPO's website has been
removed due to the fact that it does not comply with the Government Online
Centre standards. I was also asked to take down the webapp.

What are the new *compliance standards from GOC* that opensource developers
should comply with for our apps to be accepted by government agencies in
Mauritius? Please note that it was the first time opensource developers
have collaborated with a government agency to work together.

Best regards,
Nadim

[1]
http://lugm.org/2015/09/26/open-source-application-in-collaboration-with-gov-agency/