[lugm.org] Linux meetup today

Jheengut Pritvi z.coldplayer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 17:48:02 UTC 2015

where ???

previous emails suggested knowledge seven , now only a street is given

that too the street name is spelled uncorrectly. or google map does not
have such a street in its database

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Remono+St,+Curepipe,+Mauritius/@-20.3154968,57.5216621,679m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x217c5c42fe9df401:0x995b0853b4f66eae

who gets up so early on a saturday? I only got up early at ten to watch
Click on its AI based programs.

a facebook event / meetup / eventbrite have an accompanying ics data file
that can be imported by all FLOSS calender programs I tested and used. even
openoffice v2 had an extension to import and edit the ics file.

there had been a question about hosting events too.

If this had been on official lugm event , then the event would have been
hosted on http://lugm.org/events

and the last event happens to be
http://lugm.org/events/list/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past&ical=1&tribe_display=past
.

I now remember why I never tested hangout, its not a FLOSS program.
So how come a LUG is forcing its members to use a proprietary program,
unless this event is not officially patronised .by LUGM  There are other
FLOSS alternatives to video conferencing.
http://alternativeto.net/software/google-hangouts/?license=opensource
I was introduced to chat at LIO using pidgin . pidgin supports video
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#VoiceandVideoMicrophoneandWebcamSupport

or is it referring to hangout here
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#WhycantIdoavideocallwiththeGMailclient

In this view,   non-drm formats when hosted on youtube, I do not download.
So I use youtube-dl -tc to download all such video's. and dailymotion too
can be used,   https://www.dmcloud.net/doc/api/api-objects-drm.html , it
has a nice api to reject streaming to non-compliant players.