[lugm.org] Participation in infotech

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.mu
Sat Sep 26 07:09:30 UTC 2015

Hi Logan,

On 09/26/2015 08:53 AM, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> I already sent a mail confirming our participation.I think that due to
> the rising unemployment problems, they are trying to get more people
> jobs, which is a commendable goal.

You tackle unemployment problems with a Job fair & Career guidance [1]
event, which in my opinion, the Ministry of Education chips in the
organisation every year along with other major sponsors.

There is only ONE tech event in Mauritius of this "grandeur" as no other
organization spends massively to run a 4-days tech event on a yearly
basis. However, all these resources are wasted due to mis-management and
improper planning.

> I think that we can negociate with them concerning the tracks, so that
> we can fit in tech tracks.

I've offered my help on several occasions to the National Computer Board
but their bureaucracy allows negotiation with only a Secretary or
President of an organisation. That's a very diplomatic way to say "we do
not want you in" :)

Well, anyway, I won't take leaves from work to help in. I'll just be
around on Saturday to buy some "promotional" stuffs from the market and
take pictures for my blog.

[1]
http://ministry-education.govmu.org/English/AboutUs/services/Pages/Careers-Guidance-Service.aspx

--