[lugm.org] Participation in infotech

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.mu
Fri Sep 25 16:54:38 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

I am sorry but I will not participate in Infotech 2015 as I previously
agreed (during our hangout meeting). I initially said I will take two
days leave from work (Thursday & Friday). I won't now.

I had a look at the conferences planned for Infotech 2015 and it is
deplorable. It is humiliating for a tech event. Is it a job fair or a
tech fair? Year after year we expect Infotech to be better. We
participated in 2013 with much enthusiasm. Last year we were kinda
boycotted, I might have an idea why, but I thought this year there'll be
an improvement. Still nothing.

If the National Computer Board cannot respect the efforts and energy put
by volunteers in community activities, then the NCB should not expect Rs
5 of respect from my side either.

Regards,

--
Ish Sookun