[lugm.org] Linux meetup on Saturday (12:15 to 15:00)

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 07:55:28 UTC 2015

I used to have a pdf with latency figures to some servers around from
Mauritius, maybe this might help in your comparisons to check if there were
any improvements.

http://thegodof.net/god/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Latency_To_country.pdf

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Loganaden Velvindron <gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I saw an improvement in latency in Rose-Hill. I'm not sure if it's
> co-incidental, but my tests on dslreports have shown improvements. I'm
> wondering if it's due to the presentation on Saturday.
>
> I was at 260 ms idle time.
>
> Now i'm getting latencies below 200 ms, as averages under load :)
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/1277987
>

> On Saturday, 29 August 2015, 13:03, Loganaden Velvindron <
> gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi guys.
>
> It was a fun meetup.
>
> Report here (including link to my presentation):
> http://logan.hackers.mu/2015/ 08/linux-meeting-29082015
> <http://logan.hackers.mu/2015/08/linux-meeting-29082015>
>

> On Thursday, 27 August 2015, 17:59, Loganaden Velvindron <
> gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> We certainly don't want to hold you up due to your important troll plans
> on Saturday :)
>

> On Wednesday, 26 August 2015, 12:47, Jheengut Pritvi <
> z.coldplayer at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Pas libre
> Trop tard aster
> I was informed that this event was cancelled not postponed.
> On 26 Aug 2015 15:19, "Loganaden Velvindron" <gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I'm pleased to invite you all to our Linux meetup.
>
> Details below:
>
> (The Internet Engineering Task Force is the group that takes care of
> Protocol development for the Internet).
>
> -IETF 93 in Prague was very interesting in terms of protocol development,
> which will directly influence Linux and Open Source projects. Let's talk
> and demo about some of those :)
>

> Agenda:
> - Fixing network slowness problems in Linux & Open Source software.
>
> Target audience: Home users who who play with Linux on their routers to
> maximise their throughput, Network engineers working in ISPs/commercial
> companies, wifi engineers who want to improve their services, Sysadmins who
> work in Datacenters or high traffic websites.
>

> I would recommend that interested participants get familiar with TCP/IP
> and congestion control algorithms (if they are not already) before coming
> to the event.
>
> Have a look at :
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JcpZB_jmI
>
> Venue: Univeristy of Mauritius : Engineering Department Phase II building
> ROOM 2.12

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n
L'escalier

mobile: +230 549 24 918
<god at hackers.mu>
blog <http://thegodof.net> || fb <http://godify.me> || pgp
<http://hackers.mu/pgpselven.txt>
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.