[lugm.org] Demographic of our latest video !

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 13:04:31 UTC 2015

I would avoid going on that road :)
I think that whether be it a man or a woman, it's either you worked hard to know your stuff or you don't.
In the Linux kernel developer community, we have people like Sharp who worked hard to improve USB. Now, she's working at Intel.
And that's the KEY point here: Becoming good at Linux and programming involves a lot of time spent learning and practicing. During the Linux heartbleed meetup, we didn't get a single submission, whether from girls or boys. I think that there is a LOT of potential in Mauritius, and particularly in LUGM.
We need to build the suitable environment for our Linux geeks to rise. Yog's presentation made it all the way to the US, and Avinash's presentation on Flask was equally great.
Both of those 2 people spent a huge amount of their time polishing their elite skills. It's important for our members to grow and become key people of the local IT industry, whether they are women or men.