[lugm.org] My adventures with the Mauritius Internet Exchange Point

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 06:57:37 UTC 2015

Hi Cyril,
 It doesn't use peer-to-peer, as far as I know. However, if we had a viber server in Emtel datacenter, we can leverage a low latency across different IXPs to get better quality. It wouldn't matter if the viber customer is at Orange, or Bharat. As long as there's good peering, the latency will be ok, and so will the voice quality.
We could also host our own XMPP server somewhere in Mauritius, and set up a service :-D