[lugm.org] Encrypting DNS

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 12:22:36 UTC 2015

Sorry. I should have drawn a diagram.
OpenDNS encrypts the traffic between its public resolvers and the authoritative DNS servers on the Internet. Of course, this requires the Authoritative DNS servers to implement DNSCurve.
DNScrypt solves the last mile problem. It operates between your home connection And the OpenDNS public servers.
Hope that makes things clear.

     On Wednesday, 11 November 2015, 9:18, Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> wrote:

 On 11 Nov 2015, at 8:11, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:

> Hi All,
> Here's how I solved the "last mile" DNS problem at my house:
> http://logan.hackers.mu/2015/11/encrypt-my-dns

here’s the line that confuses me:
“It encrypts the traffic between resolvers, and the big DNS servers on
the Internet.”

so you are now doing encrypted DNS to some international provider, or
… ?

—n.