[lugm.org] Debian mourns the passing of Ian Murdock

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Thu Dec 31 03:44:41 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Ian Murdock, the creator of Debian, died a few hours ago:

https://bits.debian.org/2015/12/mourning-ian-murdock.html

He was arrested by the police for disturbance, got bail and died
afterwards. It is not known, at this point, whether he committed suicide or
died because of police brutality. His latest tweets are ambiguous.

I'm more of a Red Hat guy but I have Debian on my servers in the cloud
(because of the ease of upgrading mostly). Debian is excellent and we have
to thank Ian for initiating everything.

RIP Ian.

Avinash