[lugm.org] Fwd: Re: possibility of jessie-kfreebsd suite

z.coldplayer at yahoo.co.uk z.coldplayer at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 19:42:10 UTC 2015

too uncool

Subject: Re: possibility of jessie-kfreebsd suite
Date: Friday, April 24, 2015, 11:08:57 PM
From: Steven Chamberlain <steven at pyro.eu.org>
To: Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar at debian.org>
CC: Christoph Egger <christoph at debian.org>, ftpmaster at debian.org,
debian-bsd at lists.debian.org

Dear FTP masters,

Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> >  + Ideally -release@ would accept us in testing as long as possible
> >    (without any blocking characteristics there) and we copy
everything
> >    that is not superseeded in jessie-kfreebsd there rather late
>
> Well, kfreebsd is still in testing for now ;)

...and now it is probably 'rather late', so please could ftpmasters
create that jessie-kfreebsd suite now, taking a copy of whatever is in
the main jessie suite for kfreebsd-* (and arch: all I guess)?

That seems to be the first step, and must happen before release
team deletes the kfreebsd architectures.

I don't think we're releasing kfreebsd for a couple more weeks, so
still have more time to think about how security updates will be
handled or if there will be some proposed-updates queue for this.

I hope so!

Thanks,
Regards,
--