[lugm.org] Upcoming meetup

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 29 18:00:15 UTC 2014

Defi is too slow. This is unacceptable !

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014, 19:19, S Moonesamy <sm+mu at elandsys.com> wrote:

Hi Ish,
At 10:09 27-05-2014, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Last note, we could also have a brainstorming session about an Open Source
>Policy for Mauritius which hopefully will be a reality. We heard of this in
>the beginning of the year & now it seems the project took off. We'll need
>input.

www.defimedia.info is based on Open Source
software.  www.defimedia.info once had a problem; its web site was
too slow.  The person responsible for www.defimedia.info did not ask
for help on this list.  I tested the time it takes to load
www.defimedia.info in a web browser.  It took 22.5 seconds.  I don't
know what industry practices is followed in Mauritius.  According to
international industry practices the load time would be considered as
inacceptable as it is too slow.

The load time for www.gov.mu is 3.38 seconds.  The web site is not
based on Open Source software.  Is the www.defimedia.info web site
slow because it uses Open Source software or is it because there
isn't the necessary support for Open Source software?

Does anyone on this mailing list find it inacceptable that one of the
top web sites in Mauritius is so slow?  Are there any local companies
with the knowledge to fix the problem?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode