[lugm.org] Linux Training

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Jun 16 14:37:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

Maybe it would be interesting to allow corporate members to have, say, 500
characters next to their logo + name. They would then choose to promote
their services, whether it's training, development, consulting, etc. There
is no need to have a page specifically on training. Of course, on
submission, we'll have to check whether the text is ok or not but that
would be relatively straightforward.

What do you think?

Avinash

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Ish Sookun <ish at hacklog.in> wrote:

> >> Personally, I agree on the listing in general but I wouldn't go any
> further than just providing one page with all of them listed (either in
> alphabetical order or IMHO better by start of membership - oldest first) on
> the website "Corporate Members".
>
> I second that.
>
> Ish Sookun
>
> - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>   |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Jochen Kirstätter <lugm at ios.mu> wrote:
>
>>  Hi Ish,
>>
>> On 16/06/2014 13:20, Ish Sookun wrote:
>>
>>  You do have a point on the "advert" side, Jochen, and maybe we should
>> skip that part. I however find it useful to provide one page with "local"
>> contacts to ease the search for new folks. Just a suggestion though ( :
>>

>> Well, this is or should be something covered by the corporate membership
>> in LUGM.
>> If a local company related to Linux, BSD, FOSS, etc. then they might
>> opt-in for this kind of contributions.
>>
>> Eventually, LUGM executives should review this type of membership and be
>> more precise about the implications (and benefits).
>>
>> Personally, I agree on the listing in general but I wouldn't go any
>> further than just providing one page with all of them listed (either in
>> alphabetical order or IMHO better by start of membership - oldest first) on
>> the website "Corporate Members".
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards.
>>
>> A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
>> Q. Why is top posting bad?
>>
>> Learn how to quote properly: http://learn.to/quote
>>
>> Get Blogged by JoKi - "The only frontiers are in your mind"
>> http://jochen.kirstaetter.name/ - http://www.ios.mu/

>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

*Avinash Meetoo*
*Founder and CEO of Knowledge Seven*

Call me on 5493-9394 (Mobile) or 427-9225 (Office)
I am on my portal <http://www.avinashmeetoo.com/>, LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/avinashmeetoo>, Twitter
<http://twitter.com/AvinashMeetoo>, Google+
<https://plus.google.com/+AvinashMeetoo> and Facebook