[lugm.org] Upcoming meetup

S Moonesamy sm+mu at elandsys.com
Sun Jun 1 16:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi Ajay,
At 03:12 01-06-2014, Ajay R Ramjatan wrote:
>The LUGM is not a free consultancy ride. We're a facilitator,
>bridging FOSS professionals with corporations and some of us will
>gladly volunteer, in their name, to help companies who have
>contributed to LUGM. The LUGM neither certifies nor endorses any of
>its member's abilities in FOSS.

Selven pointed me to the companies who have contributed to LUGM:

  - ile-maurice.com
  - ncb.intnet.mu
  - Mediaspin.mu /TuxLab

I don't consider, for example, advising a web site against using
Google Drive to store personal data as a consultancy ride.  It's part
of the security advice I would give to anyone for free.  If someone
has a problem installing an open source software I am familiar with,
I would give some free advice to solve that problem.  I have received
free consultancy rides from some (non-local) open source
people.  That is probably because they know that I have contributed
to open source.

I don't think that Logan would need any certification from LUGM.  He
volunteers some time for Open Source work; you do that too.  There is
very little recognition on the island for people who volunteer their
time for (free) open source.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy