[lugm.org] Upcoming meetup

S Moonesamy sm+mu at elandsys.com
Sun Jun 1 07:18:11 UTC 2014

Hi Selven,
At 23:17 31-05-2014, selven wrote:
>apparently were using his admin passwords to wipe off things? My
>guess is with incompetence administering it not so great decisions
>were taken. I wouldn't even dare go into the technical aspects...

How would the company determine whether the person is competent in
administering open source products?

>Secondly, as professionals, it really does not sound normal to be
>giving free advise to corporate websites who are not even or have
>not even bothered about the lug in the past. Open spruce Opensource
>is free, our interpretation of it and use of it isn't free. If they
>can't be a corporate member, at least hire someone with the
>technical know how of open source, because this kind of free fixing
>is not necessarily a good thing for the open source community (
>specially when the site concerned never thought of the local lug :p ).

Are there any companies supporting the LUG?

A few people found that it was unacceptable for a web site accessed
by a lot of people in Mauritius to be so slow.  A site could say that
it is the local industry practice if there isn't any information
about the technical problems.

How would a company hiring someone know that the person has the
technical know how about open source?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy