[lugm.org] LUGM meetup // Sum-up for Saturday 11.01.14

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon Jan 13 07:35:59 UTC 2014

Hello folks,

As discussed during Saturday's (11.01.14) meetup :

1. Beach IT Meetup after next public event, which most probably is Corsair
Hackers Reboot. Proposed, Flic-en-Flac beach. Ajay suggested not to bring
laptops, tablets or other gear that will keep us staring at a screen.
Majority agreed :P

2. Corsair Hackers Reboot, proposed location, 10,000 sq.feet hall at
Fortune Way Shopping Mall, Centre de Flacq. Materials needed & tasks that
should be undertaken.
    (i) 24-ports LAN Switch => provided by Ajay / Someone could bring
another switch as backup
    (ii) Network Cables => Ajay & Ish
    (iii) Hard Drive 1Tb, ISO repository => Ish
    (iv) Hard Drive for backups => un-assigned
    (v) Type of backup? Proposed => Clonezilla
    (vi) Order of installation, FIFO => Need a small team to register
people when they come. UoM CC folks could take care of this.
    (vii) Posters around Flacq, need District Council Approval => Ish will
cater, letter should be signed by LUGM Secretary
    (viii) NCB / AUF sponsorship => Ish
    (ix) Kids' Corner => Ajay, Kishan and Shamsher volunteer to plan
activities (face painting etc)
    (x) PC Diagnostics => UoM CC team
    (xi) Linux in Virtual Mode, using Virtual Box. Pritvi proposed use of
OVA. I tested, seems a workable solution. Awaiting other proposals.
    (xii) OSS on Windows => GIMP, LibreOffice, Firefox, VLC etc.
    (xiii) If we have an audience, FOSS Advocacy => Ish & Avinash Meetoo
    (xiv) Press coverage => un-assigned

In case I missed anything, please update it.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
*  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*