[lugm.org] CISCO IOS does not support OpenSSH 6.4

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:10:12 UTC 2014

what i don't understand is that since it is a new client, it should be able
to decide that it is connecting to a new server handshake and establish
connection this way, if it is and older client then handshake and connect
the old way. That is a client, so there is nothing wrong or doesn't open
any hole in actually having such a feature. You don't ban all previous
versions of openssh daemon just overnight, because most people who
administers servers out there do not update when there is no security
issue. Feature update is dangerous without waiting for others to stop
complaining and stop finding bugs first.

my 2 cents. but am no openssh developer.