[lugm.org] CISCO IOS does not support OpenSSH 6.4

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 14:54:15 UTC 2014

Dear All,

We discovered that CISCO IOS does not support the latest OpenSSH 6.4.

In other words, If you use a recent version of OpenSSH, you will not be able to connect
to a CISCO router. Needless to say, it's very annoying.

We've identified that it's a bug in CISCO IOS which ships an older version of OpenSSH with
some limitations.

I've created a bug topic on the cisco community support forums.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4132062#4132062

Can the CISCO gurus comment on the thread and hopefully, this will help to expediate the process :-) ?
(please download openssh 6.4 and connect to any cisco router, and paste the debug output on the thread)

If you need any kind of help on how to generate a debug output using ssh, let me know.

Kind regards,
//Logan
C-x-C-c