[lugm.org] Debian Developer moving to Mauritius

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 05:47:02 UTC 2014

:) Seriously hackers.mu :D, You guys don't own the domain and are giving me
free publicity by running a hackers.mu channel! LOL :D. I see you like my
domain :D

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Ish Sookun <ish at hacklog.in> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Cyril Bouthors <cyril at boutho.rs> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm 33, French, former Devop, Debian Developer and now the CEO of
>> Go-managed.com, a small consultancy in Europe expert in High
>> Availability web architectures: our clients have critical websites that
>> can't tolerate downtime nor slow load times when traffic arise like during
>> Black Friday and we help them make sure everything goes well.
>>
>> I'm permanently moving to the Quatre Bornes area, Mauritius at the end of
>> December and would like to meet Debian sysadmins, Python devs, Django guys,
>> Linux users and why not other CEOs. I'll be traveling to Europe each month
>> to visit our clients and work with our talents.
>>

> ​Welcome to Mauritius, Cyril (in advance). You will get to meet Linux
> users through the Saturday meetups we organize here. Regarding Linux
> related activities, you will find summed-up in blog posts showing up on
> lugm.org. I guess you already must have noticed that ;)
>
> We had a Python Users Group around but it hasn't been active in the past 2
> years. Most devs show up in MSCC[1] (Mauritius Software Craftsmanship
> Community) meetups.​
>
> ​CEOs, yes of course, we have the Ebène Accelerator, a business incubator
> regrouping a lot of technopreneurs. You'll get to meet a lot of techie
> people there.
>>

>> I'm would also hire devops talents team in Mauritius in the next 6 months
>> if opportunity show up.
>>

> ​That's great to hear. I am sure you will find the required talent for
> your business needs.
>

>> What meetup.com groups, IRC channels and mailing lists would you
>> recommend?
>>

> ​MSCC is on meetup, see link below. We have an IRC channel, #hackers.mu
> on freenode but it's not active. If you need to reach out the Linux users,
> better done through this mailing list or our Facebook group[2].
>

>> I would also rent a shared office with a tech or web company to meet nice
>> people in a comfortable working environment and create synergies. What
>> options do I have? Is there any coworking service out there?
>>

> ​You have the Ebène Accelerator[3] with a nice co-working environment.
>

>> What broadband provider would you recommend for stable VoIP and SSH? I
>> don't do p2p nor download whatsoever.
>>

> ​I won't endorse any. It'll better that you come visit the various ISPs
> and negotiate with them.
>

>> What mobile provider would you recommend for ~5GB of monthly data with
>> pretty good stability? I hardly make phone calls.
>>

> ​I'd say same as above.​
>
> [1] http://www.meetup.com/MauritiusSoftwareCraftsmanshipCommunity
> [2] https://www.facebook.com/groups/LinuxUserGroupOfMauritius
> [3] http://ebeneaccelerator.mu
>
> xD
>
>>> Ish Sookun
>
> - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n
L'escalier

mobile: +230 549 24 918
 <god at hackers.mu>
blog <http://thegodof.net> || fb <http://godify.me> || pgp
<http://hackers.mu/pgpselven.txt>
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.