[lugm.org] Presentation // JCI meeting

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon Aug 4 05:15:16 UTC 2014

Hello Avinash,

The presentation went fine. They were around 10 members & were quite
intrigued by "Linux", wanted to know more. So, I did the usual Linux & FOSS
awareness, described our activities & what user groups do in general. They
are interested to collaborate with us in future IT related activities.

For now they received a donation of 30 Raspberry Pis & a couple of us are
helping them load Raspbian on those & a few from MSCC are helping to build
up some educational material (in the local context). The Pis are destined
for a ZEP School as I told you guys in earlier meetups.

Maybe this Saturday a visit can be arranged to see the location, network
needs etc. Will keep you guys posted & anybody who wishes to participate
just pop in ( :

What LUGM could benefit from this? Well, I guess we need activities to
showcase. This will be one among the many.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|