[lugm.org] Linux System Administration

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Mon Apr 7 03:14:07 UTC 2014

Hi Avinash,

It's great you have decided to learn Linux.

I would advise you to learn a bit of programming too. Automating things is
really fun and useful.

Avinash Meetoo

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Ajay R Ramjatan <ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com>wrote:

> What Kavish said about "break it" is very true. A good way to learn is to
> find out you broke things, figure out what you did wrong to break it and
> then learn to fix it.
>

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Keshwarsingh Nadan <
> keshwarsingh.nadan at servihoo.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello Avinash,
>>
>> If you want to learn by yourself at your own pace and be a good
>> administrator / engineer, I suggest you start with RHCSA followed by RHCSE.
>>
>> Download CentOS (a fork of red hat) play and break it.. Download the
>> RHCSA syllabus, it contains the objectives you have to achieve to pass the
>> exam. You don't have to be a guru, from A-Z you'll learn the basic commands
>> to the most complex troubleshooting at your own pace. You may also download
>> the documentation which can help you a lot.
>>
>> Red hat exams have now changed, its no longer MCQs, but a real system
>> where you prove what you are really worth & that's the beauty of it.. Only
>> inconvenience there is no testing center in africa / indian ocean region,
>> you have to fly to EU.
>>
>> Finally if you are really motivated, you can contact me offlist$ I run
>> several stuffs for the internet giants, always looking for people willing
>> to learn and we can sponsor you.

>> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

>> IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

*Avinash Meetoo*
*Founder and CEO of Knowledge Seven*

Call me on 5493-9394 (Mobile) or 427-9225 (Office)
I am on my portal <http://www.avinashmeetoo.com/>,
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/avinashmeetoo>
, Twitter <http://twitter.com/AvinashMeetoo>,
Google+<https://plus.google.com/+AvinashMeetoo>