[lugm.org] Linux System Administration

Keshwarsingh Nadan keshwarsingh.nadan at servihoo.net
Fri Apr 4 18:11:32 UTC 2014

Hello Avinash,

If you want to learn by yourself at your own pace and be a good administrator / engineer, I suggest you start with RHCSA followed by RHCSE.

Download CentOS (a fork of red hat) play and break it.. Download the RHCSA syllabus, it contains the objectives you have to achieve to pass the exam. You don't have to be a guru, from A-Z you'll learn the basic commands to the most complex troubleshooting at your own pace. You may also download the documentation which can help you a lot.

Red hat exams have now changed, its no longer MCQs, but a real system where you prove what you are really worth & that's the beauty of it.. Only inconvenience there is no testing center in africa / indian ocean region, you have to fly to EU.

Finally if you are really motivated, you can contact me offlist$ I run several stuffs for the internet giants, always looking for people willing to learn and we can sponsor you.