[lugm.org] Linuxfest update : Meeting with Gavin Sathan

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Thu Sep 19 08:53:58 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

I met Gavin Sathan at UoM today (thanks for the referral Avinash).

He supports the idea of Linuxfest. Seems like I should have contacted him
earlier instead of waiting for the Computer Club to get a date.

Well ... He asked me to prepare & send him details how the event will be,
so he can propose to UoM. I sent him a brief, will show you guys during the
next Linux meetup.

There's one issue though. According to Gavin it might not be possible to
have Linuxfest hosted in November. He proposed February 2014. By then we'll
miss Linuxfest 2013 :(

I heard the UoM Computer Club has a one-week slot free in November though.
Will ping them to see what activities they have in their calendar.

Regards,

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.