[lugm.org] Linuxfest 2013

Yasir MX yasirmx at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:17:22 UTC 2013

Debiansudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch
Red Hat Basedyum install usb-modeswitch
or download http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/usb-modeswitch-2.0.1.tar.bz2More Info http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/
That should create a serial port.
dmesg | grep -i tty
sudo apt-get install wvdial rpm -ivh wvdial
wvdialconf
next edit wvdial.conf to include emtel settings as jochen said. Make sure you don't copy&paste the full settings as your serial port will get over written.
Used that on my alcatel modem :)
Goodluck and maybe I will show up if available...Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:36:50 +0400