[lugm.org] Linuxfest 2013

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 16:28:54 UTC 2013

Back then, if we had waited for a reply from the PMO, The lug would
probably never have got registered. Right now to change the meta to
Mauritius will not only entail lots of begging and sweet talking to the
PMO's clerks, but also implies lots of to and fro letters to the registrar
which has a possibility of working just like a possibility of not working,
probably it might also entails getting signatures from the lug members and
if it happens that we have some papers wrong or some names written wrongly
during that process, signatures might be re-asked etc, basically lots of
paperwork in just getting "Mauritius" tagged at the end of it. Just like
the bond story where it took us MONTHS just to get people synced to get
some paperwork done, I believe letting it on Meta officially and
unofficially since we a LUG that exists in Mauritius we can call it the LUG
of Mauritius but nothing official shall be called LUG of Mauritius, as the
amount of time and effort that it will end up in us making will diverge the
entire purpose of the lug to 'focusing on paperwork', this was something
that made the lug stagnate for a long while, let's learn from the lessons
of the past.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Keshwarsingh Nadan <
keshwarsingh.nadan at servihoo.net> wrote:

> **
> "If associations like MSDTF can use "Mauritius" in their name then why not
> ----->a bunch of passionate & proud Mauritians use it too.<-----"
>
> Just write a letter & have the president of lugm sign it..

> *ReplyTo: *<ishwon at openSUSE.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [lugm.org] Linuxfest 2013
>
>   Ok. Then the next activity after Linuxfest 2013 could be sending this
> letter to PMO :)
>
>  If someone can point to me the guidelines for the letter, it'll be
> great. I could spare some time for this activity after Linux Festival.
>
>  Ish Sookun
>
>  - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>   |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Keshwarsingh Nadan <
> keshwarsingh.nadan at servihoo.net> wrote:
>
>> In order to tie "Mauritius" to any association or company, a letter must
>> be addressed to the prime minister office for authorization. Once you have
>> the authorization, you can use it.
>>

>> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier

mobile: +230 549 24 918
 <god at hackers.mu>
blog <http://thegodof.net> || fb <http://godify.me> ||
pgp<http://hackers.mu/pgpselven.txt>
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.