[lugm.org] Linuxfest 2013

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Thu Oct 17 14:53:43 UTC 2013

Ahaaan! Ronny, I have never been able to grasp that thing about not able to
use the word "Mauritius". Maybe that should be tossed on the table during
one of the meetings.

If associations like MSDTF can use "Mauritius" in their name then why not a
bunch of passionate & proud Mauritians use it too.

Regarding the logo, well, Tux is there. I think Nishal pointed the cost
issues associated with gradient & use of many colors. The only logo with
presence of gradient is LUGMV5 (the grey spots on Mr Tux). As for the other
proposals, Tux looks fit & fine without gradient.

What do you folks think about LUGMV7 ? Not too much colors; it depicts the
Red/Blue/Yellow/Green combo which looks nice. For the wordings we could use
"Linux User Group Mauritius" without the "of". Thus, LUGM stays like LUG
for Mauritians.

Cheers!

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.