[lugm.org] Linuxfest 2013

Nishal Goburdhan ndg at ieee.org
Thu Oct 17 09:31:49 UTC 2013

On 17 Oct 2013, at 9:03 AM, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand the 2000 in the proposal 3. (I am tempted to choose the proposal 3 without the 2000 though :p (maybe with the registrar id or some other related number).

it logical to assume that, at some point, you'll probably want to print t-shirts for lugm members/participants/linuxfest give-aways/etc.
if you do, be aware, that it's incredibly difficult (and more expensive) to print gradients.
#3, with the "watermark" feature, would likely not be an easy logo to print.
since you'd want this to be eye-catching, it's probably also a good idea to use some colour too;  but not more than 4 colours (again, print cost)
b&w, or just plain dark logos, are quite unattractive when printed on materials.
my recommendation would therefore be to choose something with clean lines, that prints easily - perhaps, check with someone that works/owns a print-shop first.

you'll be surprised at how much less pain this will create in your future.

hth,
--n.