[lugm.org] Minutes of meeting Linux Meetup, 12/10/13

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Mon Oct 14 12:08:18 UTC 2013

A little help in content writing as well will be appreciated :P
I've started something here :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zj85EQmEUJCy16lcsbPWFr4AbxJlDAgAAT4_6DSwH3Y/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to comment & suggest improvements.

I believe it will be good to give people an idea about the content of the
event; we thus publish the title of our presentations. I'm also trying to
keep the texts a bit funky to attract the young bright minds :)

Once the landing page is complete, we can invite people through emails.

Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Ish Sookun <ish at hacklog.in> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> UoM CC guys are suggesting we use the *Auditorium lobby* instead of
> raised plaza. The crowd might get dispersed if we move out of auditorium.
> It will be around lunch & dispersing while going to raised plaza is highly
> probable. The lobby seems spacious enough to accommodate the demos & some
> face-to-face chatting.
>
> To get things moving, I was chatting with Nirvan earlier regarding a
> landing page (something like http://linuxfest.lugm.org/2013) ...
>
> As example, let's have a look at https://conference.opensuse.org.
> I like the content & choice of words. They depict the conference as fun &
> not some boring lectures ahead.
>
> I'm working on the content in our local context.
>
> By the way, developers around here, if you can help with the making of the
> landing page that'll be awesome :)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ish Sookun
>
> - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>   |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|
>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Ish Sookun <ish at hacklog.in> wrote:
>
>> Hello Aadil,
>>
>> Should be a half day event, ending at 12h30 max.
>> We're yet to detail the agenda. Currently stuffs are exactly like Selven
>> described.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Ish Sookun
>>
>> - Geek by birth ... Linux by choice.
>>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>>   |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|
>>   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Aadil N. <aadil.n at outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> Do we know how long will the Linux festival be?  And how will it span
>>> out? (i.e agenda of events)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Aadil.
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:22:52 +0400
>>> From: pcthegreat at gmail.com
>>> To: discuss at discuss.lugm.org
>>> Subject: [lugm.org] Minutes of meeting Linux Meetup, 12/10/13
>>>

>>> Venue: Pizza perfect Bagatelle.
>>>
>>> People present:
>>> Ajay R.
>>> Ish S.
>>> Selven C.
>>> Nitin M.
>>> Pawan
>>> Ashley B.
>>> Yuram V.
>>> Avinash M
>>> Trisha G.
>>> Darshini S.
>>> Neha G.
>>>
>>> Ish informed that the Linux festival event has been planned for the 25th
>>> November of 2013 at 9.00, which after some debating became 9:30.
>>>

>>> Ajay mentionned that we should focus on how Linux can help out hobbyist
>>> or expert in different fields (other than IT), e.g Stargazing, Photography
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> People who are willing to give a presentation on that said day of
> [...]
>>> Nitin