[lugm.org] Why you need to schedule a downtime to upgrade to OpenSSH 6.5

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 06:32:03 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Following the recent allegations made by Edward Snowden concerning massive NSA surveillance[0],
we have been working on making substancial changes to OpenSSH and other critical components. We've implemented a new cipher known as chacha20/poly1305[1].

We believe that this cipher is free from NSA influence, and that the design has been vigourously peer reviewed.

We strongly believe that it's very important for people to already start preparing for the upgrade by scheduling downtime windows for a smooth transition for the upcoming OpenSSH 6.5 release.

Kind regards,
//Logan
C-x-C-c

[0] http://cryptome.org/2013/09/nsa-bullrun-brief-propublica-13-0905.pdf (page 4).