[lugm.org] ThoughtWorks Africa: Open software developer positions

Uchenna Moka umoka at thoughtworks.com
Wed Jul 24 09:15:21 UTC 2013

Hi LUGM (-:

I work for a custom software company called
ThoughtWorks<http://www.thoughtworks.com>,
and we are currently hiring software developers. If you're interested in
finding out more about this opportunity please read below and/or contact me
for more details.

Glad to be a part of your community,

Uchenna

*About You*

Want a job where you'll make an impact from day one? We're not your average
tech company - our goal is to better humanity through software. If you like
a challenge and love technology, then we want to speak to you. Ideally
you'll have done some coding (in something like Java), but we don't expect
you to be an expert. We're looking for talent and aptitude, not experience.
You will be frequently interacting with clients and team members so it's
important you are comfortable sharing your ideas. We deliver Agile software
projects and follow best practices such as Pair Programming and TDD.

*Stop Working. Start Amazing.*

●      Work with the latest technologies on a variety of client delivery
engagements.

●      Know that your opinion counts and be valued as an individual right
from day one.

●      Learn from super smart people from around the world.

*Role Expectations*

●      Spend your first weeks training in India with other graduates from
around the world at *ThoughtWorks'
University*<http://join.thoughtworks.com/graduates>
 (TWU).

●      Spend 18-24 months at either our Brasil, China or India offices for
a global, cultural learning experience

●      Return to one of our African countries (currently South Africa and
Uganda) after your global exchange

*About Us*

ThoughtWorks is a force for software excellence and social justice. We have
been building game-changing software for 20 years and our mission is
nothing less than to better humanity through software.

Our people are passionate about technology. We love being a part of the
ThoughtWorks community and are proud to make a difference. But, don’t just
take our word for it. Decide for yourself. Check out individual profiles to
see what ThoughtWorkers have to say.

*Great! How do I apply?*

To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover letter
HERE<https://jobs.thoughtworks.com/SouthAfrica/JobDetail?id=1236>.
We would love to learn a bit more about you and understand why you can't
wait to be a ThoughtWorker.

Successful applicants will have a first round telephone interview with the
recruitment team and complete a graduate questionnaire form. If everything
stacks up there (remember we're looking for passion and potential for
awesomeness) you will be invited to an interview day at our office.

--
*Uchenna Moka*
Senior Analytic Catalyst | Pan-African Recruiting & Networking Strategist

<http://www.thoughtworks.com>*
*

*Mobile:* +27(0)760753298*
Email:* umoka at thoughtworks.com