[lugm.org] Announcing a Mauritian tech forum

Keshwarsingh Nadan keshwarsingh.nadan at servihoo.net
Wed Dec 18 17:23:25 UTC 2013

> * why isn't this IX working?

Simply because it was wrongly setup.

> * what can be done to revive it?

Nothing can be done, the IX is run, operated & controlled by MT. I've
spoken to the guy a few months ago, but they still do not understand the
concept and principle of peering.

> * if the ISPs aren't going to do this themselves, how can we, as civil
society, organise ourselves to get this done?

This is something i have tried to accomplish a few months ago. I have
enough space on 1st floor at CT1 (a perfect location since all carriers are
present there) along with loads of carrier grade equipment. But i have been
denied IP space (whether free or paid)... I was simply told to get that
done via private space.. And of course a board member at the RIR influenced
that decision, after all the doctor knows everything.