[lugm.org] Announcing a Mauritian tech forum

Ish Sookun ish at hacklog.in
Wed Dec 18 11:13:19 UTC 2013

I was hoping not to get into this discussion because I always keep the
sarcastic smile when it comes to local hosting ( :

How do you want me to host my "personal" blog on a local server that would
cost Rs 16,400 per month and a .mu domain for nearly Rs 1,800/year.

I am a proud Mauritian geek yet my VPS runs in US and I have a .in domain.
Why? I can't spend tons to be a tiny part in scaling down the price. What
can I do then? I blog, I promote open standards & when I come across a
local hosting provider I smile sarcastically because they do not have
"decent local products". When tomorrow we'll have thousands of local
bloggers hosting outside Mauritius & the local hosting is forced to be
scaled down I'll gladly migrate my stuffs. I rather spend my time & energy
to get people to use technology at lowered costs rather than them spending
a lot on not-so-productive stuffs and after some time they gonna stop using
because it's costing them too much.

Cheers!

Ish