[lugm.org] OpenBSD 5.2 pending release

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 08:00:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

It's a great pleasure to announce that OpenBSD 5.2 is getting close to be released.

See the release page:

http://www.openbsd.org/52.html

Naturally, open source software isn't written without money. Money is needed to buy development
machines, pay for bandwidth, and fund Theo de raadt to work full-time on OpenBSD.

You probably don't use OpenBSD, but you use at least 1 component derived from OpenBSD: OpenSSH.

OpenSSH (ssh) is maintained by the OpenBSD team, and we put a lot of effort into making it works
on all the cisco, junipers, linux, Oracle, IBM, HP, <Another big vendor> gear out there. Figures show that
90% of the internet uses openssh !

Unfortunately, we receive very little funding from those companies.  Therefore we're relying on end-users
to support our efforts.

The CDs cost $50 USD, and donations are also welcomed:

https://https.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/order
http://www.openbsd.org/donations.html

Meanwhile, you can already enjoy the geeky openbsd song for the upcoming release:
song52.ogg