[lugm.org] Minutes of Meeting 03/03/2012

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 07:17:14 UTC 2012

Minutes of meeting 03/03/2012
Members present:

Selven
Logan
Ajay
Ronny
Nitin

Guest present:
Thomas
Fei
Naresh
Nishal

- Nitin did a presentation of MariaDB
- Nishal mentionned about whether we have an activity  list or not,
list which we currently don't have. From this we have decided to have
a brainstorming session on the mailing list about the said list.
- Fei mentionned about the possibility of us (the LUG) organising a
coding session during oneo f our lug meetings. Members present have
decided that this might also be a good idea and planned on discussing
this further on the mailing list.

During the course of the meeting, we (members & guests), have
discussed a bit about what an activity list should contain, the
following is a brief list of items that may be in the list:

 * DNSSEC advocacy
 * Coding Sessions
 * MariaDB advocacy
 * Possible wiki on the lug's site to share geeky ideas and other
practical guides specifically related to Mauritius and IT.
 * Possibility of offering basic shell accesses to wannabes
 * Case study of Dev Virahsawmy & opensource
 * Possible Install festival
 * Updating of the site
 * Representating the community to talk to policy makers.

- Nishal did mention that afrinic might be able to contribute in teac
hing about DNSSEC

Meeting closed at 13hr20.

+selven
secretary of the lug
--
Pirabarlen Cheenaramen | $3|v3n
L'escalier
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
contact: http://godifiy.me
/*memory is like prison*/ (user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.