[lugm.org] linux experience on samsung mobile

Daniel Shaw daniel.shaw at point-oh.net
Tue Mar 6 07:10:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

>>> Nishal,
>>> Where can you find the Motorola Milestone here?
>>
>> i bought mine at the mobile phone store, near what was ebene way.
>> the store has closed now, but i still have the contact details for the proprietor, as they were (then) quite helpful.
>>
>> i've pinged him, and will pass on any useful responses.
>
> he repllied:  they're sold out and not expecting more.  sorry.  :-(

I am travelling from South Africa to Mauritius fairly soon. I don't know the exact date yet, but it will be before the end of this month and probably in about 1 weeks time.

I would be happy to bring any small tech along with me, as long as it fits in a suitcase and doesn't affect my baggage allowance - so obviously not entire PCs, but any phone or hard drive or a card for example.

If you're interested, please contact me off-list. Replies to the list will be ignored :)

I also don't really have time to do any research or shop around, so you would need to find the shop or supplier in the Cape Town area that has stock yourself online and send me an address. I also can't afford to get paid later, so you'd need to do an international EFT into my SA bank account before I could go buy anything.

But other than that I am most happy to drive to wherever to pick up whatever and pop it in my bag for you.

Cheers,
Daniel