[lugm.org] linux experience on samsung mobile

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 05:11:22 UTC 2012

I bought a galaxy Pro B7510, and it's a pretty nice phone. It seems to be the only

android phone with a hard keyboard and 2GB microSD card.

It comes with android 2.2.2, I switched over to 2.3.6. Battery life is better, and
it seems more stable.

Additionally, I've rooted the box, removed drm, and found out that

the internals are quite weird. I see lots of running programs with java namespaces :-)

I've installed ssh (through a hack), busybox, a terminal (needs fiddling to work decently),

video player. Concerning the latter, the load on the CPU isn't great, and I think it's because
of the multimedia extensions inside the CPU or GPU.

My only complain would be the screen which I think is quite small. However, for Rs 7,000, I think
it has an excellent price/feature ratio if we tweak it properly.

Should I place the info on a wiki :-) ?