[lugm.org] scan disk on linux system.

Ajay R Ramjatan ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 14:13:47 UTC 2012

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your distress. If you have an IP-KVM, please use
this to boot with a boot-cd (ask your datacenter for help) and rescue
your system. If not, ask the datacenter to do it for you and give them
precise instructions on what you want done. E.g., do you want a rescue
or a completely new install? Do you want to preserve data on certain
devices such as /home?

Now is the time you will be testing how good your backup mechanism is
assuming something ReallyBad(TM) happened. I wish you can solve your
problem with just a simple reboot and fsck with the help of your
datacenter tech guys.

Let us know how it works out!