[lugm.org] scan disk on linux system.

Chris Wilson chris+lugm at aptivate.org
Wed Jun 27 12:01:00 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastien,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Sebastien wrote:

> I was working on a remote system installing cpanel and stuff like that. I run
> scandisk while the file system was mounted.
>
> Now the system is not able to boot. Getting kernel panic at boot.
>
> I am a bit lazy to reconfigured the server again. I am using Xen and centos.
> Any ideas what can be done?

You're a bit lazy in providing details about the problem too. Maybe if you
imagine the problem really hard, we might be able to psychically determine
what it is and fix it for you using telekinesis.

If you're as lazy as you say, then reinstalling will be easier than
recovering the server, which sounds like it might be seriously hard work,
depending on how many "errors" you "fixed" in fsck. By the way, if you
really ran scandisk and not fsck against the filesystem, you might as well
give up now.

If you're as lazy as you say, you might find that having good backups helps you
to get away with it.

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Future Business, Cam City FC, Milton Rd, Cambridge, CB4 1UY, UK

with company number 04980791.