[lugm.org] the importance of hardware documentation

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 20:25:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

I think it's an excellent idea :-)
http://lugm.org/2012/01/25/recommended-hardware/

Is it ok if I host it on lugm.org ?

It's still a Work-In-Progress. Suggestions welcomed.

Nishal summarized it well ! The lack of documentation
hurts developer motivation terribly. One senior openbsd developer
is reluctant to support newer SiS chipsets as it's very hard

to track down the bugs.
(See his commit message:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=132664077412198&w=2
``As pointed out by Chris Cappuccio we need to expand
this list to cover

newer chips SiS have inflicted on the world.'')
Another OpenBSD developer gave up running on i386, and moved a production
ntp server to the Vax ! The latter has more complete documentation and is better supported.