[lugm.org] one non-tech question and wish to join LUGM

Nishal Goburdhan ndg at ieee.org
Tue Jan 24 07:01:44 UTC 2012

On Jan 21, 2012, at 9:00 PM, Vivicrow Free wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I don't know if any of you remember us...my boyfriend (Thomas) and I (Fei)
> once attended a meeting two years ago. We even visited Selven's sweet office
> ;) Sadly, we left Mauritius not long after, but we are back now!
>
> Here is a non-technical question, as we really have no idea who to ask - don't
> really know a lot of ppl here and I trust linux users more ;p We are looking
> for flat/house to rent, but we don't know which area is nice and geek friendly
> in Mauritius. If any of you have any idea, let me know ASAP!!

hello,

i don't know if there are any geek specific places in MU (i'd also like to hear about these!).

but in terms of *getting* online at home (dsl), our experiences at the ebene cybervillage have been very pleasant.  everything - from provisioning to installation - happened within 2 days, which, i think is very impressive, and, for the two odds years that we've been there, we've had just one outage related to a cable cut at the building.
i have several colleagues that have waited for sometimes longer than two months to get online in other areas (like tamarin).

also, if you're really bored, there's already a relatively high concentration of wifi signals to try to latch onto at the cybervillage ...    ;-)

--n.