[lugm.org] A crowdsourcing experiment for the long weekend drives... Map breadfruit trees in Mauritius

KJBheenick kjbheenick at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 07:28:37 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

The Food and Agricultural Research Council and partner organisations in
Agriculture are currently carrying out a project to better coordinate a
national programme on Breadfruit.

We have put up a public editable map of breadfruit trees in Mauritius - this
is the right time to identify the trees as they are quite conspicuous with
the fruits already appearing on these generally huge trees with large
leaves. You can also add the location of trees yourself (public access to
the map, if you have a google account)

The background to the editable map is accessible here:

http://paepardmauritius.pbworks.com/w/page/49961038/Editable%20map%20of%20br
eadfruit%20trees%20in%20Mauritius

The Mauritius Breadfruit Sector Consortium is collaborating in the context
of the PAEPARD project. More info on our wiki at:

http://paepardmauritius.pbworks.com/w/page/49147875/FrontPage

So, if you catch the bug, you will be like me yesterday, driving around and
being amazed at how many breadfruit trees can be spotted from the road!

It would have been better if I had the laptop with me in the car.

Have fun

Krishan Bheenick