[lugm.org] University of Mauritius Head technician

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:12:41 UTC 2012

:) Problem is :p the entire educational system is based on rote learning
here in Mauritius ... and England (where our system seems to be based from).

interesting vid
http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM, bbnadim <bbnadim at intnet.mu> wrote:

>  On 18 April 2012 17:30, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> :) Well, legally they can do that i believe.
>>

> +1. But I was taking about something else : Parroting, without
> understanding. If you understand a topic, then u can explain it in your own
> words, in your style...
>
>  [...] the lecturer is supposed to be just a guide where if one
>>
>> is stucked can just query his opinions or if is in the wrong path get
>> guided a lil bit by the lecturers.
>> [...]
>>

> +1. BUT, how many can guide the students correctly ? Dunno about the
> lecturers at present, but i had a very bad experience when i was at UoM
> back some 15 years ago. Academically someone can be very good, but i think
> we need to be practical rather that learning by heart ...
>
> Personally I believe lecturers SHOULD have at least 3-5 years experience
> in the field (job market ?) before giving lectures or talk about a topic.

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier

mobile: +230 49 24 918
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
contact: http://godifiy.me
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.