[lugm.org] Linux on the desktop got a long way to go

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:35:32 UTC 2011

Well logan you already know the answer to this. First :p devices are
documented well enough, in case where blobs are use, it tends to be more
than ok. [nvidia? ]. (at some point it should have been acceptable to accept
blobs until power was gained and then drop all support for blobs one at a
time which would have pressed manufacturers to document more instead of
believing in purist who was adamant about certains things )

As for X being primitive, that it might, but :) windows environment mixes
the graphical user interface with the core system itself. While with unix
like system, our X is just :p an option.

.Talking about which, i heard that some windows people have started talking
like overexcited school kids on the mention of the powershell .. weirdly
these people were against 'a command line interface' back when one would
have said "our leenix machine pwnz your stoopid limited gui windows world
for we've got unlimited ways to do things in a command environment.".

Ohh well in this world ... as we say it in creole :p "bef travail souwal
manzE", slowly thousands of coders contributed to leenix at some point
probably am sure not in the hope that microsoft will be gaining money
through that, but then at some point, good faith ends up being exploited ..
comes in google, comes in android, comes in " patent infringement coz of
fat! " and in the end microsoft gets 5 bucks out of every phone with that
hardwork of those coders!

:) so yes :p whatever is being done microsoft will copy whatever innovation
people with good faith creates and then make money out of it.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Nitin K Sookun <nsgupta at indra.mu> wrote:

> Like u use to say, "It's against the religion!".
> --
> Nitin K Sookun
> openSUSE Ambassador (Mauritius)
> FSF Member #9934
> Freenode: Ishwon #opensuse
>

> This email has been sent using openSUSE 11.4 & Novell Evolution 2.32.
>

> On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 15:51 +0400, Ronny R. wrote:
> > he sold his soul
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM, ashvin saminathen
> > <csyke.ashvin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > logan praising windows???
> > > i've seen it all now, i can die ;P

> > > IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

> > IRC: #linux.mu on Freenode

*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier

mobile: +230 49 24 918
email: pcthegeat at gmail.com || god at hackers.mu
contact: http://godifiy.me
/*memory is like prison*/
(user==selven)?free(user):user=malloc(sizeof(brain));
P Save electricity & disk space. Cat this mail to >/dev/null 2>&1 after use.