[lugm.org] Fwd: [FTF-Legal] Mildly GPL related case in Supreme Court of Mauritius

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Tue Jun 28 13:24:18 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I have just received this email from Philip Hands in the UK referring to a
case currently in the Supreme Court of Mauritius. It would seem that the two
parties involved have different opinions on what an open source license
really is, more specifically the GPL. Someone called Harald Welte has
written a post on his blog on this matter.

A few months ago, someone called me at work asking me about what the GPL
really means but I am not sure whether he is one of the parties concerned.

What do you think?

Avinash

---