[lugm.org] New OpenBSD/OpenSSH mirror

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 14:19:49 UTC 2011

Are you installing OpenBSD or OpenSSH ?

If it's OpenBSD, well I'd suggest you pick a CD

from me for a first time install. There's a nice installation

guide that comes with the CD pack. (I have 2 such

CDs bought by Nishal who wants to give them to people

who are interested in OpenBSD).

That said, in the meantime, you can download install49.iso

for your machine. If it's new, it's almost certainly the amd64

iso that you want.

http://mirror.servihoo.net/OpenBSD/4.9/amd64/install49.iso

I suggest you install it on a 2nd hard disk (or a pen drive).

Follow this guide:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html

If it's OpenSSH, You'll have to compile from source.

You'd need at least gcc, openssl-devel & gnu make.

Once again I wish to remind people that OpenBSD's

future is heavily dependent on CD sales, so please consider

buying one if you care about a good SSH implementation

still being available in the future.

//Logan

C-x-C-c