[lugm.org] where's the code codest0rm ?

Loganaden Velvindron gnukid1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 21:14:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

A good friend of mine -- who started his own open source
project based on OpenSolaris -- sent me a link about
an open source project known as OSUNIX.

For the record, Illumos (An OpenSolaris-derived OS)
is led by Garrett D'Amore (A developer inside NetBSD, and
countless other open source projects). OSUNIX claims that
they was dissatisfied with Illumos, and started OSUNIX with
the number #1 goal being ``It's
 all about developers''.

Fair.

However, he later privately harassed another lead developer
of another OpenSolaris derived OS accusing the latter of stealing
his ideas.

A closer look at that person, codest0rm, http://www.codestrom.com/wandering/,
the wandering programmer shows that he relies on others to do fix the bugs.

He has never wrote a single line of code in C.

He does meta-discussion on Perl & Python.

Taking a look at the ``developer'' thread shows meta
discussion

http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/osunix-dev/2011-April/thread.html

So much for the strong focus on developers and building
a strong community.

Personally, I'm sick of seeing those kind of people who blow
only hot air, doing svn co on the repositories of others and
doing a massive sed 's/open solaris/osunix' getting away &
apparently being accepted by google SoC programme.

This sort of crap should end now, and
 I encourage open source
users who care about the well being of projects/companies who
DO THE REAL WORK to speak up against such crap.