[lugm.org] Let's organise a conference on Saturday 3 July 2010

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Thu May 20 06:20:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:45 PM, selven <pcthegreat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup. we need to find a way to whip a bit their blood and bring in some newer faces.

Dear all,

I've just talked to Dominique Derrier and we both believe that it's
high time we increase our action in Mauritius. We have been talking of
organising a conference for a long time so let's do it!

I propose the following:

    Name: "LinuxConf Mauritius" or "OpenSource Conference Mauritius"

    Date: Saturday 3 July 2010 (in 44 days) from 10:00 - 16:00

    Venue: At the University of Mauritius (I have a lot of contacts
there and the place is, ahem, interesting from a communication point
of view. To all ex-UoM students: what is the ideal place? The
Burrenchobay Hall? Lecture Theatre 1 or 2?)

    Format: 6 x 45 minutes presentations on various (not necessarily
geeky) topics. The presentations will be done by anyone interested but
I think we need to have a screening panel. In parallel, we could have
a few (nice looking) PCs with Linux preinstalled so that people can do
things...

    Sponsors: I think we should have sponsors (in fact, my company
Knowledge Seven Ltd is willing to be one of them) as this will allow
us to cover the costs (rent for the venue, payment for the Internet
connection, posters, ads in newspapers, etc.)

    Organisers: The LUGM Board -- I propose that the Board meets as
soon as possible (Selven, can you arrange that?) to discuss the
important matter, to give deadlines and to allocate responsibilities.

What do you think?

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]