[lugm.org] minutes of proceedings saturday 29/05/2010

Avinash Meetoo avinash at noulakaz.net
Wed Jun 2 13:54:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Ronny R. <redoverlord at gmail.com> wrote:

> a. members who participate only via the net: what about v-members?
> this implies no fee
>
> b. @ajay: Have you discussed about cost of the event? if yes, can we afford
> even with help of the sponsors?
> (to avoid MRA stuffs, we should spend all the sponsoring help)

I've called the UoM and the fee for halls there is higher than what I
thought (at least Rs 1000 PER HOUR!) I'll call some ex-colleagues of the CSE
Dept tomorrow to see if there is any possibility of us, ahem, co-organising
the event so that we can (shamelessly) benefit from rebates from the UoM.
I'll let you know.

> c. @ all: Will we have some kind of uniform? I am thinking of some polo
> shirt with sponsors logo and also tux

Why not? Anyone knows someone who can do this kind of thing for us?

> d. What will be the topics of the presentations? i dont think too technical
> stuff will be that interesting. i would personally prefer subjects affecting
> large public rather than geeks.

I agree. We need to target the large public.

> Now the bad part:
> This event is for the LUG, so all participants, please try to boost up the
> LUG and not thy own self :)

:-)

Avinash

--
avinash at noulakaz.net - http://www.noulakaz.net/ - (230) 493-9394

Those who fail to understand C++ are doomed to reimplement it. Better. [Jez]