[lugm.org] Ubuntu 10.04 internet connection

Ajay R Ramjatan ajay.ramjatan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 21:18:18 UTC 2010

Ouch too far!

Can you check your Network Settings in XP Control Panel? See what
network settings are assigned to your network card.

IP address, Subnet, Gateway, DNS etc or whether its set to automatic.
Replicate the settings on Ubuntu.

E.g. if, on XP, IP address is 192.168.1.2, put the same IP in Ubuntu's
Network Configuration tool.

If you can't figure it out, I hope a friend of the LUGM who lives
close to you will offer to help.